Monday, January 17, 2011

Eye Surgery Tomorrow!

My vacation has started and the relaxation has been wonderful so far. Even though I like my job and coworkers, being around kids every day can be pretty brutal.

So I have the next three weeks off. Instead of taking a trip somewhere, which was one of my main goals while living in Asia, I decided to get eye surgery instead. I figured I'm so used to the hospital system here, there's no reason not to.

The price is only 1.4 million won at the doctor's office in Yeonsu-dong. That works out to about $1,240. That's a pretty good deal to not need contacts or glasses. So I get this done, and the next time I travel will be monumentally better.

As soon as I'm able to use the computer, I'll post the results of the surgery. If you never see an update, that's a bad sign, huh?

Jeong Mi's birthday is tomorrow. It's also her day off. She's pretty great, so she's going to the doctor's office with me for the surgery. It's only a 10-minute operation and then another 90 minutes of rest at the office.

I bought her a cake and got her more photos for the photo album I got for her for Christmas. I'll take her somewhere special this weekend, when I'm feeling a little better.

Anyway, think good thoughts for me tomorrow, please. I could use them. SEE you later!

1 comment:

Kelly and Edie said...

Dad and I are doing the thinking and the PRAYING that all goes well, successfully, and that you will SEE awesome results!!! Feel free to call home when you can.. we will be with you in spirit for sure!!

Happy Birthday Jeong Mi!