Saturday, July 23, 2011

Never Ending Summer

So much has been going on in the weeks since my parents left, that I've once again neglected my blog. I've taken a ton of pictures and had a bunch of new and old (but still fun) experiences. Because of that, I just have been putting my pics on my computer and not getting around to the whole uploading part. So finally, here is a little update on my life in South Korea.

Wolmido


We've made quite a habit out of going to Wolmido, and that is not sad at all. Pel, Popper and I went a few weeks ago and made t-shirts with our pictures on them to give to our girlfriends. On another occasion, a few of the couples went to hang out. Jong, Popper, Jeong Mi and I went on the boat ride, as well. I never get tired of the boardwalk.

So check out more Wolmido pics here.



Exercise Time


If I didn't exercise in Korea, I'd be a downright unhealthy mess. Thankfully, Jeong Mi started joining me once the weather for nice. We've been hiking the mountain by our house in Yeonsudong. It's really great. We hike up three days a week. On two of those days, we use the free weightlifting equipment that is up near the top. The fresh air and exercise feel great.

Check out our exercise pics here.




First Birthday


First birthdays are big here in South Korea. Jeong Mi said they're so important because not many babies used to make it to one year old. So there that is. It's actually quite terrible, if you don't like kids. Because that's all it is. There's a DJ, and a buffet and tons of screaming, smelly babies. Yikes.

Anyway, check out the pics here.




Teachers Trip


All the Hambak teachers went on a great trip to Songchu. It's a valley by North Mountain. It's just incredible nature. We went hiking, saw a waterfall, ate, drank and played sports. We ended up the night with me and six of our head teachers at a noraebang. It was a pretty great day.

A lot of pics are here!!!






Pitching a Tent


Yep, you read that right. Jeong Mi and I got a tent. We have a camping trip planned with Kim and Pel. But first, we used it at Sunrise Park in New Songdo to kick back and relax.

Here are the pics.





That pretty much catches us up on what I've been doing in the past couple weeks. It's been busy and it's been fun. The summer is a huge stress reliever from the jerky winter.

My last day of a mini-vacation is tomorrow, and then we have three weeks of summer English camp. After that, Jeong Mi and are going to Vietnam!!! That's the right. For our honeymoon, we're going to the one country I've always wanted to visit. It's going to be awesome!

Tomorrow, we're all going to Songdo Park to have a little cookout, as long as there is no rain. So pray to the storm gods to stay away (at least until night time. They can come after that).

Back to the fun!

No comments: