Monday, August 1, 2011

Songdo Resort

Right between my original neighborhood and my current one, and only about 10 minutes way by taxi, is a nice little slice of paradise called Songdo Resort.

Songdo Resort is a little man-made lake surrounded by sand, with terrifyingly unkempt amusement park rides and concession stands for good measure. I've been there many times. Just look back at my bachelor party pictures for my most recent trip there.

It's really a great place. It only costs 5,000 won to get in, and you can bring in any supplies you want. That typically means food, drinks, alcohol and even a tent if you're so inclined.

While we haven't yet camped there, Jeong Mi and I did go last Saturday with all our buds to grill, drink, relax and enjoy the summer in a place relatively hidden from the bustling city.



Jeong Mi and I took our tent. Bryan and Kim also brought one (which is identical to ours) and set it up next to us to complete our compound. We then broke out the grill and music and had a really great day.

Check out more pics here!!!

2 comments:

Jim and Rach said...

Hi!

I came across you blog today on the Korean blog list. It looks great.

My wife and I have a k-blog called strange-lands.com and we're looking to add decent blogs to our links page.

Would you be interested in a link exchange?

All the best
Jimmy

Fatsy Le Shaft said...

Hi Jimmy! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm happy to add you to my blogroll, and please feel free to ass me to yours. Nice meeting you!