Monday, March 1, 2010

The Koreans Really ARE More Materialistic

I posted a small blurb a long time ago about how I felt Koreans were more materialistic than Americans. It was just a personal observation, but someone commented to say that they would need to see some hard statistics before that claim could actually be made.

Well, I had none at the time. I just noticed the attitudes of the people I met in Korea and how they were different from the people I knew back home.

While this isn't the be-all, end-all of the materialism discussion, a recently released Reuters poll claims Koreans and Chinese are the most materialistic people in the world because of their feeling that money is the most important sign of success.

Money is most important sign of success
Korea - 69 percent
America - 33 percent

No comments: