Monday, March 22, 2010

New Bamboo Dance Academy

Bamboo opened up a new academy in Siheung, about 20 minutes from my current studio. We celebrated with food, drinks and dancing. We also did the traditional gesture of bowing to a decapitated pig's head in order to ask for good fortune in the future.



They asked me to participate to represent the international interests of the academy. I did it at the New Year's party as well, but that was just an open pig's head. This was the first time I'd done it as part of a thanking ceremony. It was cool that they involved me in it.

I will add some more pics of the actual event as soon as my Bamboo friends post them on the cafe message board. Until then, here are some basic shots of the new studio. It was built by one of the dance members. He did a great job.

Check out the pics here!

No comments: