Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh, the Frustrations ...

Vicky, Cindy and I went to Bupyeong on Friday to exchange my mp3 player. It was a hassle, but they ended up giving me a better model.

Of course, by Saturday afternoon, it already stopped working. We went again on Sunday afternoon, because they told her they'd just give me my money back. Of course, they didn't do that. They said they fixed mine and gave it to me, but I noticed some things about it that are different.

My assumption is they just got a different one out of its box and gave it to me. I showed Vicky and she was furious that they lied to us. So we went back before we went home, and they again refused to refund me, even though they told her they would.

The promising thing is that less than a day into the new mp3 player, it is still working fine. It's actually a pretty sweet model and I'll be happy as long as it continues to work.

Other than that, the weekend was pretty subdued. We had temporary victory drinks Friday night in Bupyeong, which turned out to be premature. On Saturday, I hung with the guys in Yeonsu-dong. We just drank and played a few low-key games of poker.

Our schedule at work returns to normal this week. That means we're back to 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. While I don't like getting out so late, I don't mind not going in until 2 p.m. I think it fits my body clock a little better.

As far as the ring goes, here is the update. Vicky LOVES the ring. She thinks it's really wonderful. So I did the right thing there. She got us couple Adidas jackets that are pretty sweet.

While there have been some frustrations lately, things are going fairly well overall.

I'll post some pics soon of the mp3 player and the Adidas jacket. Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

pottygok said...

Wait a minute...Vicky gets jewelry and you get a jacket? Matching or not, this seems a bit uneven. I guess some things don't change. I'm apparently taking Rosann out to dinner next weekend, and I, in return, receive the honor of taking her out to dinner. Yeah...

I hope the mp3 player continues to work. I'm suprised that it's such a hassle, especially considering everything you've said about Koreans being worried about pride.

Out of curiosity, I saw this on the news about Japan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1R_OdITYY

I'm curious as to what the Korean reaction is to the election. I know, in 2000, I had trouble explaining the fact that Gore won the popular vote, but didn't win the electoral college vote to some of the Irish students I went to school with.