Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bowling and Antiques

Friday was pretty typical. Just a little bit of drinking at Rio's. Most of the western crew was there, as well Vicky, Cindy, Gina and Chelsea. It all turned out pretty well.

Saturday was pretty cool because we went bowling for the first time in Korea. Eli, JessCan (which is how she will be referred to from here on out because she is Canadian) and I went to a bowling alley in Yeonsudong with two of my college students, June and Jess. Jake also showed up later on in the evening.

Bowling is pretty much the same here as it is in America. There was electronic scoring and everything!!! One cool difference is the shoe machine. It's like a giant vending machine where you get your shoes. Shoes were only $1 to rent and games were less than $2.50. We played three games before heading out for some drinking.

I went with Jake, Jess and June to InHa to hang out and talk a little. It was a pretty relaxed night.

On Sunday, Vicky and I got lunch and went to a Korean movie called "Antique". It was about four guys who own a cake shop. The police use them to help catch a kidnapper. I understood a little bit of the Korean, and the movie was pretty easy to follow. Vicky quizzed me a bit at the end.

Also, the movie has a few gay guys in it. There is no country more uncomfortable about homosexuals than Korea. Every time guys kissed or held hands or something, I could hear and see everyone in the theater cringing.

Everything else has been pretty normal. My best news about my job is that one of my classes from Thursday got moved to Friday. So instead of seven classes Thursday and four on Friday, it's moved to six and five. I don't mind because now I get a little break on Thursday.

Check out the bowling pics here!!!

No comments: