Saturday, November 1, 2008

Market Day Pics

For Halloween, we had a special event at the school called Market Day. The students used their Jungchul dollars that they earned in class to buy food and little toys.

I was in charge of the quiz game. I asked them questions like "What is the capital of South Korea?" and "What colors are on the American flag?". The winner of my game got $3 to spend on more stuff.

The teachers all decorated the school with Halloween stuff, and I got to wear a sweet costume. I was worried that this would be the first Halloween that I didn't have a costume, but they had one for me. It was a really fun day.

After that, we all went out to dinner, then to a singing room, where Mr. No treated us. Then, Vicky, Kitty, Wendy, Jess and I made our was to Goworldong for some late-night drinks.

The new American guy, Elias, gets in tonight. I'm taking him and Jess to Goworldong to meet up with Stacy and Vicky.

Like I said, it's a little weird that after only seven weeks here, I'm the tour guide for the new teachers. But thankfully, over the last couple weeks, my listening has really gotten better. There are very few situations where I can't follow the conversation or at least know enough to get by. My speaking is improving too.

It's a good thing I've progressed so quickly, because now I'll have two more people relying on me at least a little bit to get them situated.

Here are the pics. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kelly and Edie said...

Dad and I are glad that you were able to enjoy your Halloween this year. And to think that they provided a costume, food, drinks, and such awesome balloons! What an experience for sure. How often do the kids have Market Day?