Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hookah and Hongdae

On Friday night, Vicky and I went to an Indian-themed bar where we tried a Hookah. It was my first time ever trying anything like that. And I now have vindication for never doing it before. While it wasn't horrible, I certainly didn't like it very much.

The place had a cool decor, though. We were in out own little room, like at the wine bar in Gangnam. Sorry everyone, I forgot my camera that night! We'll go again and take pics. The drinks were nice and strong.

On Saturday, Vicky and I went into Hongdae, a district in Seoul, to meet with her best friend, You Kyung. You Kyung works for Asiana Air. They met when they were roommates at InHa freshman year.

The three of us went to a place called Bon-ga. It's a really famous restaurant where all the celebs go and sign their pics on the wall. It was easily the best meal I've had in Korea so far. Instead of the typical pork meal, they served thin strips of beef that we grilled in front of us. We also had a spicy beef brisket soup. Everything was really good, and You Kyung generously treated us.

After that, we walked around Hongdae just a bit before coming home. Thankfully, Sunday has been a rest day, so far. I'm cooking dinner for Vicky in a bit. It's just pasta, because I can't do much more, considering one of my burners doesn't even work haha. At least the heat is working!

I added some pics to my Jungchul folder. One of my classes made a hand print tree. Check out the Hongdae pics as well. I took more pics of the girls than I did of the sights. But I think they're good haha.

Hongdae

Jungchul students

No comments: