Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Break (from) Dance

Well, after 7 months of Salsa training and winning an award at a major competition, I've decided it's time to take a rest.

I've really, really enjoyed my time at Bamboo so far, but the summer weather's call is too much for me to withstand. While the weather is so nice, I want to go outside and play other sports and spend time with my friends.

There is also at least one other reason: I'm going to America at the end of August. That takes an entire week out of that month. I also have vacation the first week of August, which is another week I won't be going to training.

After I get back from America, I'll need at least a couple weeks to refill my tank and get re-adjusted.

Because of that, I'll be taking August and September off for sure. I may take October off too, but I'm not sure yet.

They key is being able to take advantage of being able to go outside without terrible weather. So my plan is to go back when the weather gets cold again.

When the weather is great, I don't really want to train inside. But dance is a great thing to do during the winter. Of course, the trip to the studio isn't really fun in that weather, but I'd much rather be inside when it's freezing outside.

So my rest time has arrived, and I plan on taking full advantage of it. I'm traveling with Jeong Mi and her parents on Monday, and possible with some friends next weekend. While nothing is carved in stone, it's nice to have all these options, knowing that I don't have to go to practice.

This weekend will be pretty relaxed. Josh Castonguay submitted some pics to a local magazine and got some in there. We'll celebrate his accomplishment Friday in Bucheon with some friends.

Vacation starts Friday at 4:30 p.m. Brace youself, because it's going to be fun.

No comments: