Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Songdo Waterpark

On Monday, I took what will be my only real trip during this vacation. It was a day trip to Songdo Waterpark, which is about a 10 minute bus ride away from my place. Jeong Mi and I went along with Jeong Mi's mother, our friend from dance and our friend's boyfriend, daughter and mother.

We got there at about 9 a.m. with all our food and supplies. I was responsible for chicken and beer, so you'd better believe I delivered.

We rented a tent right by the lake and settled in. There were a ton of people there about an hour later, so it was good we went so early.



I immediately took my shirt off, and we walked our friend's daughter over to the pools and rides to check everything out. The group took advantage of all the pools and slides and had a really fun time. The whole park is basically inflatable and temporary pools and rides. They set it up every summer.



It only costs like 13,000 won to get in. The tent was a bit expensive, at 40,000 won, but we got it for the whole day with a prime spot right on the shore.

I didn't go on any of the rides, because I don't really like water. But I had a wonderful time. I played some hacky sack and spent an entire day without my shirt, and getting quite sunburned.



It was nice to go out with Korean families as well. It's always a bit of a different dynamic from being with just friends.

We left the park around 7 p.m. and Jeong Mi and I came back to Yeonsu-dong and met with Popper and his girl. Later, we had a quick beer with Josh, Alex, Geoff and Bryan.

It was a jam-packed day and our stomachs were just busting at the seems by the end of it. And while that may be the only trip I take during this vacation, it was an absolute blast.

Check out all the pics here and enjoy!!!

No comments: