Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacation Is Over

It's the end of my vacation and I'm pretty much ready to get back to work. Without dance, I have plenty of free time at the end of the day, so going to work isn't as stressful. Of course, going to dance also helped relieve some stress. But it did so at the expense of free time. Balance is tough. Haha.

Anyway, I'm back at work for the next two weeks of summer camp. It'll be pretty much the same stuff as last week, and I'll have to prepare a couple lessons as well for the final week of August.

After these two weeks, it's off to America with Jeong Mi for a whirlwind 7-day tour and my sister's wedding. It's going to be a busy month.

This was actually my first real vacation in Korea. I didn't get one last year because I got sick and spent my vacation days in the hospital. Not so much fun, really.

But this week was great. I got to spend time with my girlfriend and her family. I also spent a lot of time with my friends, even though they didn't have vacation. I don't get to see them until the weekends, usually, because they are on the academy schedule, while I'm on the public school schedule. The different hours make it difficult to hang during the week.

But it was great to just sleep in every day, play some sports, go hiking and hang with my buddies and girlfriend and not have to worry about teaching or talking to kids all day. I did miss my co-teacher and our secretary. They're super-fun, but we'll be back together tomorrow.

So it's back to the school. I'm re-energized and refreshed and I feel good.

No comments: