Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally I Got To Treat

In the two six weeks I've been here, everyone has been incredibly generous. I've never had to pick up the tab. I've only ever had to pitch in on the tab sometimes. It certainly keeps me from spending too much money.

Most of the reason for that is because I didn't get a bank account until a month in, and don't bring enough cash for the whole party.

But last night after school, I treated five of the teachers to drinks. Wendy, Gemma, Kitty, Cindy, Vicky and I went over to InHa and drank makoli, that rice wine I had last weekend. We also got a bunch of anju to go along with it.

I didn't care how much it would cost, but I assumed treating six of us would be at least $50, considering how much food there was and how much we drank.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tab was only $28 for the whole group. Maybe this doesn't warrant its own post on the blog, but I think it's interesting. In America, treating six people to drinks, without food even, would be way more than $28.

Now I know I can afford to take the teachers out on a regular basis, which is a pretty good deal for both of us.

1 comment:

Huck said...

Keep up the posts; I'm enjoying the updates.