Monday, July 27, 2009

Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival






A big yearly rock festival once again came to Incheon and set up shop in Songdo, about a mile or two from my house.

Tickets were ridiculously expensive at 50,000 won each, especially considering the bands were mostly Korean or some other Asian country. The headliner on Saturday was the Deftones, but I'm not a huge fan of theirs.

However, I was fortunate because I didn't want to pass up the opportunity, and I got to go for free. It seems like there were just a ton of free tickets floating around.

I went to the show on Friday with Wendy and Vicky because one of Vicky's student's dads works for one of the sponsoring company, and gave her a bunch of free tickets.

I ran into Dan, Colin and Matt there. We had a really good time. There is one main stage, one DJ stage and a smaller, tent-covered stage.

The music was pretty entertaining, and we had a few drinks, that weren't too outrageous in price.

Well, Saturday rolled around and Dan got his hands on some more free tickets. So he, Mike and I went again on Saturday. The crowd was about twice as big as Friday, with people wanting to see the Deftones, but there were far less Westerners than I expected.

We actually had tickets for Sunday too, but decided to take a rest day.

Anyway, here are pics from the show. Enjoy!

This week, we get Thursday and Friday off from work for some unknown reason. I am going with Vicky's family to Gangwondo on a rafting and ATV fun trip. It should be pretty good.

The bad news is, the school officials are still stalling on getting me roughly 300,000 won that they owe me. They claim they're busy, but I can tell you one of my bosses simply sits at the front desk all day staring into space. Not too busy, from my observation. I have a bad feeling they're trying to slime their way out of paying me.

Well, I laid it down that I need that money by Wednesday (two weeks after my pay day) because I'm traveling during break. Think positive thoughts for me, and maybe it'll happen. Yeah, and monkeys might fly our of my butt. (Wayne's World).

No comments: