Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All Four Korean Clubs Advance

The Four Korean clubs that have qualified for the Asian Champions League this year have all advanced to the next round. The sad thing is I only know the two mentioned in the article, and those are the two obvious ones.

Pohang is the defending AFC champion, and Suwon is a threat every year in the K-League. The article doesn't mention the other two teams. On the AFC web page I found that the other two teams are Jeonbuk Motors and Seongnam Ilhwa FC.

I guess I learn a new fun fact every day, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeonbuk actually won the K-League last season, although they're not doing so well this season - yet. Suwon were pretty poor last season and don't seem to have improved much if at all this season. Pohang have also been a bit disappointing from what I can gather, although they have much more experience of playing in both the Champions League and the K-League at the same time. Jeonbuk don't really have so much experience in this, so I wonder if they might struggle later on in the season.

Seoul are looking like the strongest team in the league this season so far, despite losing Ki Sung-yeung (기성용) and Lee Chung-yong (이청용), who were undoubtedly their best young players.

Fatsy Le Shaft said...

Seoul are definitely looking strong this year, as they were most of last year. Incheon certainly can't beat them. Haha. Have you gotten to many games yet this season? I've only gone to a couple baseball games so far. I'll get to the football soon enough.

I didn't know Jeonbuk won the K-League last season. I guess I just assumed Pohang did because they won the AFC.