Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just Ducking Around

After having some really good beef on Saturday night, Jeong Mi and I decided to really treat ourselves. So on Tuesday, we went to the next neighborhood over in Songdo and got some duck.

I've been to this duck restaurant one time before. When I worked at Jungchul, we went there as a group and it was the best meat I've had in Korea yet.

We ordered a different style then what I had the first time, so I didn't like it as much. But it was still on par with the beef from Saturday.



Sincerely good meat does cost a bit more. One portion of the beef costs 9,000 or 10,000 won. That's roughly $7.85 to $8.75 per portion. Jeong Mi and I split 3 portions between us and were definitely stuffed.

The duck could be ordered for 16,000 won per portion. That is about $13.95. We went a different route and got one of their specials. It was 38,000 won. That's about $33.22. That also comes with all the side dishes. The one special portion of duck we got was bigger than the three portions of beef. It was great. We managed to finish it all somehow.

Nothing lifts my spirits like having good food in a country where it's very hard to find.

Check out some pics here!

2 comments:

Kelly and Edie said...

Well when dad and I come to visit this summer, it looks like this could be a place on our list to enjoy! Thanks for sharing the great pics. You could maybe become a restaurant critic in your spare time? Hello to Jeong Mi from us!

Fatsy Le Shaft said...

We'll definitely check this place out.