Sunday, May 23, 2010

Long Weekend = A Lot Of Dancing and 100 Days Again

We had a long weekend thanks to Buddha's birthday. Because of that fat guy, Friday was a national holiday.

So Thursday night was good because my other friends all had the long weekend as well. A big group of us -- Popper, Looks, Schwaby, Geoff and Bryan -- all met in Yeonsu. We drank, played some basketball and darts. Jeong Mi came over after work. I had dinner with her and she hung out with the guys and me.

Of course, I had to be at the dance studio by 2 p.m. on Friday to practice. We danced until 7 p.m., and we even moved to another studio nearby for 2 hours because it is a little bit bigger. There's a section of the dance where all the couples spin together into a line, and we needed some extra room to work on it.

I was exhausted by the time I got home on Friday. I just hung out with Popper. It was relaxing, at least.

On Saturday, it was back to the dance studio by 5 p.m. for practice. Jeong Mi and I then went to open dance that night. I only stayed until 10 p.m., because I'm pretty burned out at this point. There are a lot of things I love to do, but doing anything non-stop can get pretty annoying.

Schwaby, Geoff and I had a couple beers Saturday night and played some darts to wrap up the night.

On Sunday, I was at the dance studio again from 2 to 5 p.m. We had a really good practice. We worked on our line again and everyone is really coming together well. Leong sat us downa nd talked to us about not being afraid and having a good time at practice. he is worried that people were getting a little stressed, and wants everyone to have fun.

I told everyone I wasn't even a little bit scared. I'm just really excited. And that's true. I know the hard work my team has put in will pay off. I just want to get out there and put on a sweet show.

This week at school will be pretty busy, but will have a nice ending. We had to work on our monthly report cards today. We have to do all the level tests tomorrow. So I'll be doing about 150 short interviews. On Friday, we have a market day planned, so that should be fun for the kids, and maybe a little bit hectic.

I also have to go into Seoul tomorrow to pick up my dance outfit. I'm going with one of the other guys. He has a car, so hopefully we'll be driving.

Saturday will be fun this week. I'm going to check out Seoul Tower with Jeong Mi and her mom. Why is her mom coming? Good question. She asked Jeong Mi if she could join us, and I can't really say no. Jeong Mi and I hit our "100 days" today. This is my second "100 days" with a Korean girl. It'll be a little different this time. I'll get her a more low-key gift.

I was hoping to make Saturday at Seoul Tower kind of romantic in some way to celebrate, but with her mom their, there's not much I can do.

Jeong Mi is coming over and making dinner tonight. I certainly enjoy that. We'll see how it all goes.

That's an update on me. I hope all is going well with everyone else!

No comments: