Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More More War War

That was probably an inappropriate title. Regardless, I'm sticking to it.

All the KBloggers -- among other things that used to be known as reliable news outlets -- are posting this stuff left and right. I'm no different.

Now, I know it's unoriginal, but those of you back home who are family and friends are curious about what's happening. And I'm putting the pieces up that I find most important or relevant.

So for today's stories, I'm throwing them all into one post.

Most of them have the same underlying idea. That idea is how are the Chinese going to deal with this situation.

Check the stories out here, here and here.

So our fate right now hangs on the Chinese, you say? Well, there is some truth in that. But most "experts" think the Chinese are about to back Seoul on the latest clash.

One story talks about the US being drawn into a new Korean War. Well, the answer is obvious. Of course the US would at least use the troops stationed here. That's their job, after all.

One of the stories discusses how the US and South Korea aren't looking for first strike, but are figuring out a plan to destroy all the North's artillery before it gets launched in one big ball of death at Seoul. That's 30 million Koreans down the toilet. I'm certainly close enough to Seoul to get launched at. Also, I'm much more popular and good-looking than any Koreans. That poses a problem for me.

But once again, let me elaborate that we are in no immediate danger. Yes, Koreans mostly hate each other, and have no concern for anyone around them. But they also have a major inferiority complex. The North towards China and the South towards the US.

The big countries will put the little guys at the kids table and work this thing out.

No comments: