Sunday, June 27, 2010

Checking Out Bupyeong Station

On Friday, we took a trip to Bupyeong Station. I know for those of us who have been here awhile, it's not too special, but it's a treat for first-time visitors.

The station really is impressive -- especially the underground shopping area that runs basically underneath the entire district. It's not for the claustrophobic, to be sure.

The plan was to go to a good Indian restaurant that I know well, but I changed my mind when I was reminded of the Kabab House in the station's food court. Every time I walk by there, the owner gives a knowing smile and nod, as if to say, "You don't want that terrible Korean food. You want awesomeness."

And I did want it. So we got some chicken and lamb kebabs and some curry. It was really good and the price is great.

Knowing our time was running out, we made the necessary trip to a noraebang. We just went to one in Yeonsu-dong. The lady gave us a 5,000 won discount when I told her my parents were on vacation. She even hooked us up with about 20 minutes of service. As always, the singing room was a blast.



After that, it was home to bed, knowing a big weekend awaited.

Check out mom's blog here.

Check out mom's pics here.

Bupyeong Station pics are here.

No comments: