Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mom and Dad On Their Way Home

I got up at my normal time today, and my parents woke up a little earlier than normal during this vacation.

We did some last minute clean-up and headed out front to wait for Jeong Mi and her dad. Jeong Mi didn't have time to come to the airport, so she said goodbye to my parents, and we got in her dad's car and headed to the airport.

I was a little tired, so my translating wasn't as good as I wanted, but I conveyed both messages of thanks and farewell between the parents.

Jeong Mi and her family -- especially her dad -- were so generous to my parents the whole time they were here.

We dropped mom and dad off at their gate, gave them a hug and smooch and sent them on their way. The last update from mom is that they boarded the plane fine. They're probably in Tokyo right now, awaiting their flight back to Houston, and then to Cleveland, before heading back to Franklin, just north of Pittsburgh.

It was a really great trip, and there are so many things to remember. I'll do a follow-up to this later on today or tomorrow. I can tell you one thing, though. Right after school today, I'm taking nap.

I love you mom and dad! Thanks so much for making the trip!!! See you on the other side in August!

No comments: