Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Saw SK Win!!!

One of the rarest things for my life in South Korea is actually seeing the SK Wyverns win a game in person. This team won two out of the last three K-League championships, and went all the way to game 7 of the finals last year before losing out.



They're first in the league this year by a mile (or a kilometer, here), yet I still have only seen them win maybe 3 times in my nearly 20 visits to the stadium.

But they delivered big for my parents on Tuesday as they beat the LG Twins 11-4. We even got to see a grand slam, which I've never seen in person before. It was an incredible game. Once again, the rain held off for us. We had a few drinks and had a great time.



Mom and Dad enjoyed the atmosphere and energy of the Korean crowd. That's certainly something you're hard-pressed to find back home.

Last night, because of the wonderful US soccer game, we rested right after work and then I took Mom and Dad to Bamboo Dance Academy so they could meet everyone. We could only stay from about 8 to 9:30 p.m., because of our plans to meet everyone for the game. It was awesome to take my parents to the place where I have been spending countless hours of my life this year.

Plus, as everyone who knows me is familiar with my feelings about most Koreans, it's good my parents have been able to meet some of the good ones, including Ridia, my other co-workers and my good friends at the dance academy.

So our fun time continues with the Incheon Korean War Memorial tonight, Muido beach on Saturday afternoon, dinner with Jeong Mi's family on Saturday night, followed by celebrations for my birth.

Check out pics from the ballgame as well as my parents' first solo trip to Lotte Mart here.

No comments: