Sunday, June 27, 2010

Incheon Landing Memorial

The week continued to fly after Wednesday. No wonder I haven't had much time to post. Between working and giving my parents the grand tour, I haven't had time for much of anything -- including sleep.

Mom and dad took a little trip on their own on Wednesday. The two of them headed out to Shinsegae in Guworldong while I was working. They met Jeong Mi at work and had a cup of coffee with her. Thanks to Jeong Mi and my dad using their dictionaries, it sounds like everything went okay.

On Thursday, we decided to stay close to home. But we still saw something impressive. We went to the Incheon Landing War Memorial over in old Songdo. I knew it was over there, but in my entire time last year in Okryeondong, I never got a chance to visit.



It was nice to check it out with my parents. It's impressively big and built right into the mountain side. It has a great view out over the harbor.



Checking it out then was appropriate since June 25 would be the anniversary of the start of the Korean War.

Check out mom's blog here.

Check out mom's pictures here.

No comments: