Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Nice Weather = Busy Weekends

Saturday was a whirlwind of a day for Jeong Mi and me. We started out going to Bupyeong to do a fitting for my suit. The measurements were pretty good, but he'll make a few adjustments before throwing it all together for me. Getting a tailored suit is awesome. I feel like Jeong Mi and her family are spoiling me. But it's great knowing they think of me as family as well.




We then headed to Osan to visit some of her family. A lot of her family is from Osan, which is an hour or so south of Incheon. We went to deliver some wedding invitations and do some family introductions.

I met her grandma, her great uncle and her great aunt. I also met some of her aunts and uncles who I had met previously. Her grandma is in a very frail condition, and didn't say too much. One of her great uncles is pretty sick with cancer, so he wasn't in good shape either.

Some of her family members own a little shop and live above it. And her one great aunt lives in a traditional-style Korean home. Osan is a lot of countryside. It would be a relaxing place to live, but it might get a bit boring after awhile.

It was nice to see the previously-met family members again. I first met them over Chuseok last year, and they are very friendly. All in all, I met or re-met about 15 people on Saturday. It makes for a tiring day, but it was a lot of fun.


When we got home Saturday night, Pel, Popper and Onson were playing screen golf. I've only played screen golf one time, and I'm just about as bad at it as I am at real golf. But I joined them as we had a few drinks and hung out, playing some golf. Bryan took advantage of his new camera to get some fun pics of all of us.


On Saturday morning in America, my sister graduated from Seminary. Thanks to the 'net, I got to watch the ceremony. It was Saturday night at 11 p.m. for me. The ceremony lasted until about 1 a.m. here. I could see my parents sitting in the crowd, and even got some pics as Melissa received her diploma. I gave them a call right after to congratulate and let them know I watched.



Unfortunately, as is the case with burning the candle at both ends, I caught a little cold again. I used to never get sick in America. Then it became a once-a-year type of thing. But since coming to Korea, it happens a few times a year. I'm not blaming Korea, because I'm sure aging plays a big part in it. But sometimes stress can help knock me down a few pegs, as well.

Our new semester starts at Hambak on Monday. We're going to reduce our first grade classes to only 10 students, which is nice. We also may change around some other things in the future, but we have to get through this semester first.

Onson's parents are here this week, so he has a little time off from work to hang with them. Hopefully we'll all get to meet them and see about from where the mysterious 과묵 (silent) comes.

Jeong Mi and I are nailing everything down for our wedding. Getting the cards out is sort of the last of it. I think I have to head out to get fitted one more time for my hanbok, but things are all coming together. Nothing will be slowing down as the wedding gets close. Thankfully, I get a week off for the wedding to spend time with my family when they arrive.

As always feel free to check out all my pictures.

Wedding planning

Rec Room ROK

Osan trip

Melissa's graduation