Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hospital Diary 5 and 6

6/7/09

  • The doctor came in today and said, "One more day. Maybe two. I don't know." Those were his exact words.
  • My one week bill was bad enough. I'm sure another week is killing me. At least my room cost will be significantly less.
  • I talked to the shaving doctor today. She speaks fluent English because she lived in Canada. She's also hot.
  • I've developed a pretty good relationship with my roommates, the doctors and nurses. The Korean studying has paid off.
  • The boredom here continues, though phone calls from Colin and Chris have helped a lot.
  • Vicky has been priceless. She came in last night with a bag full of three hot dogs and a bunch of mini tuna sandwiches and homemade apple sauce. It lasted me for three meals.
6/9/09

  • Today is two weeks and one day in the hospital.
  • Chelsea came to visit yesterday. I have a pretty big list of friends who came by. I'm grateful for it.
  • The doctor told me the ball comes out today, and I get discharged tomorrow. I've heard this story before, but it seems more likely this time.
  • My bill must be adding up. I'm worried about my paycheck for the month. Let's hope this all works out.
  • I chatted with my favorite nurse last night. It was fun to talk to her. I need something to do since my roommates sleep at 9 p.m.
  • My new roommate must have had some respiratory surgery because he sounds like Golem when he talks. My other new roommate looks like an old, Korean Adrian Brody.
  • Interesting to note, while I was at the urinal, using it, the cleaning lady came right in and went about her business. It was a little weird, but that's Korea for you.
  • About an hour after the news of the ball removal, it came out. It was very weird. I watched the doctor cut the stitch and then pull about 15 cm of tube out. It was like a clown pulling out a rainbow scarf from his pants. The feeling is just indescribable.
  • If I'm discharged tomorrow, I wonder if I go into work immediately. I would like to lounge around my apartment, but I wouldn't mind some activity. (edit -- I requested to go in on Wednesday, when I was discharged, but Sunny and Mr. No said no.)
  • Vicky brought me a pizza for my last day. It was awesome.

The end. That's it for my running diary. I was discharged on June 10, 2009. I went home and rested for the day. I had to organize a lot in my room and get some fruit, milk and other foods, considering I hadn't shopped in a month.

I went back to work on Thursday, and I'm currently in the middle of figuring out my total bill and how many days for which I'll get paid. It's a nightmare negotiation, but I'm hoping we can come to some cordial agreement.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. They were a huge help to me.

No comments: