Sunday, August 16, 2009

Coex Aquarium

On Friday, I met a new study partner with whom I'll meet once a week for some language exchange. Her English name is Alexis. She is the daughter of Mr. Han, Vicky's dad's friend with whom I went on the rafting trip.

She's a nice girl and really wants to improve her English. We should have a good time together. After she and I met on Friday, we went to meet up with her parents and have some chicken and beer. It was fun.

On Saturday, I decided to head into Seoul to go to meet a friend I first met online on Skype. It's really common for Asians to just find me out of the blue and start chatting. Some of them I talk to regularly. Well, there's a girl I've been talking to for about 5 months now who lives just south of Seoul.

So we met on Saturday for the first time in person and went to the Coex Mall, a giant mall in Seoul. I didn't take any pictures of the mall or anything, because it's just a really giant mall. But what's cool is that they have an aquarium inside the mall.

Soo Ryeong and I went to the aquarium to check it out and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, it was mostly dimly-lit, and the fish moved around quickly, so pictures were difficult to get. I did my best to get you some underwater creatures, and of course some pics of me.

After the aquarium, we went to Gangnam, a neighborhood in Seoul, to have a few drinks and get to know each other. It ended up being a pretty fun weekend.

Check out my aquarium pictures here!

No comments: