Monday, August 10, 2009

JomoCup 2009





Some changes have been made in my life with the hope of reducing stress big time. Of course, it also makes me believe my last month here will be spent closer to home, with less traveling around the country.

Let's just say I've lost a certain, useful Korean connection.

Fortunately, the 2009 All Star Game between the K-League and J-League soccer players was in Incheon this year. So Dan and I snatched up tickets for only 10,000 won, and sat in the corner, second row behind the goal.

The soccer itself was nothing special. The Japanese league players killed the Korean league players by a 4-1 score. It was fun to see an All Star Game for such a low price, though.

After the game, Dan and I went to the square in Guworldong (one subway stop away), where we only planned on hanging out for an hour or so. But five Korean guys started talking to us and insisted on buying us drinks. We gladly accepted, and got a free night of fun.

They were nice guys, even if they were a bit clingy. Either way, it's always great when a group of people buck the stereotype and treat us like human beings, instead of nameless, faceless animals. And thanks to the fact that we went to the bar with them, we ended up being at a table right next to three Korean girls.

Now, they spoke pretty much no English, but my studying is paying off after all. Dan and I could have a nice conversation without any trouble at all.

It was nice to go out and blow off some steam. I've been stressed lately.

Between the hospital, bills and my recent return to alone, I really needed a break. The next big task is to figure out when I'm actually coming home. That will be as difficult as the hospital bill fiasco, I'm sure.

Anyway, enjoy these pictures of the game!

No comments: