Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Dance Performance Delayed

I wondered if this might happen and I'm not surprised. I found out Tuesday that my dance performance will be delayed for two weeks because the other students aren't prepared yet. I have the routine down solid, but an extra two weeks can only make it better for me. And I want it to be the best.


Winter camp is finally coming to a close after two grueling months, with a couple varied weeks in between. We're finishing up with the fourth graders. They've been a fun group to work with this week.

It's the fewest we've had in a grade level so far. I suspect that has something to do with this being the last week of school vacation. A lot of kids are probably on trips.

We get a three day weekend because Monday is a special national holiday. Known simply as 3-1, the date refers to a movement that took place in 1919 in which Koreans started to stand up to Japanese occupants and push for their independence.

Check out a Wikipedia article about it right here.

As March begins, we get back into our normal routine with some slight changes. We'll now teach 4 morning classes, instead of the usual 3. But that knocks out afternoon classes down to 2, instead of the usual 3. I kind of like it better this way. Ridia came up with the schedule, and as of now, it feels like it will be a more efficient way to use our time.

Other than that change, things will be back to normal.

Ridia said we had more kids sign up for the afternoon classes. Apparently, they really enjoyed our winter camps and wanted to learn with us some more. This is a great sign for us, and makes us look really good to the principal.

The weather is turning to Spring, thankfully. It's rainy today, but the temperature is nice and comfortable. Hopefully my ridiculous utilities bill will come down, and my comfort in my house will go up.

This week after vacation has flown by, and I'm thankful for that. I certainly didn't want to slog through this week after having some rest. Dance has been good all week, and classes have gone well.

I'm pretty happy right now.

No comments: