Monday, February 1, 2010

Korean Men Getting All Dolled-Up

This is a hilarious story about how many Korean men are starting to wear makeup.

 

I have no problem with a little product in the hair, skin lotion to keep you looking fresh and a little cologne. But I think it's a bit weird for guys to be applying any kind of foundation or blush or eye shadow. Though, I will allow eyeliner, because I am super emo.
Hilarious quote from the story:

'"Men are interested in looking good, too. I thought men also had the right to enjoy their life, looking good with cool makeup on," said Kim Doo-ha, director of Loft:D.'
He talks about men wearing "cool makeup." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

There's a reason most men don't wear makeup. It softens your appearance and makes you appear more feminine. I'm not perfect in any way, even though I did go to Handsome Boy Modeling School. (It was the best $60 I've ever spent. If not for Handsome Boy Modeling School, I'd probably be a model in some Balkan country ... still.)

Yet, this is one of Korea's current cultural trend. The celebrities -- especially singers -- all look very feminine. In some cases, it's hard to tell who is a chick and who is a dude.

Oh well. Welcome to Korea. Cue Buffalo Bill dance (the killer, not the football team.)

 
He's wearing makeup. It must be cool!


And P.S. -- The girls still want a masculine guy. That's a fact.

No comments: