Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Last Day at Jungchul

Let's start with my second-to-last day. Because of the plane ticket flub that has me going home five days past my visa expiration date, I needed a sojourn extension. My bosses told me that it was done. At the urging of my parents, and just to make sure, I called the immigration office to make sure everything was alright.

Well here's a giant surprise: It wasn't!!!

That's right, they did NOT extend my visa as they had informed me. So I would've gotten to the airport and had to pay a huge fine or possibly been held and interviewed about my alleged plot.

So my head teacher, Kathy, and I went to the immigration office yesterday and sorted it out. All the bosses had to do was tell me. They can't even handle that.

That brings me to today. It's my last day at Jungchul and I couldn't be happier. I've decided that all the hard times and issues I've faced in Korea have been because of Jungchul and the bosses. Any other thing that I got frustrated about was a direct result of my mind-boggling emotional abuse from work.

So today, I'll go in, say goodbye to my favorite classes and fellow teachers and then be faced with my final meeting with my bosses. This is all about money owed for my time spent here. I am very much worried that something will go wrong. My best course of action, I think, is to just accept it now. That way, I won't be super mad about it later. I'll still be a little mad, but I won't fly off the handle at them.

So this is it. It's one last day of class and then six more days in Korea that are just free time. Goodbye Jungchul. I'm confident when I say, "See ya never!"

No comments: