Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Winding Down and Bending Over

I did as much as I could this weekend, which I originally thought would be my last. But since they screwed up my ticket, I don't leave until Sept. 10. Of course, all my plans for this weekend were already made, so that was fine.

Anyway, on Friday, I went with Vicky, Chris and Minji to Guworldong and we just got a few drinks together. We then made our way over to InHa and continued that. It was a lot of fun. Minji has been really nice to me, regardless of what happened with her cousin. She and Chris hang out a lot, and it was an alright night for the most part.

On Saturday, Dan and I went to Yongsan and Itaewon in the morning. It was my first time to Yongsan Station, which is a giant electronics market. If you want electronics of some sort, you can find it there.

I originally just went to keep Dan company while he got a new power adapter for his XBox 360, but I ended up buying one of those DS cards that has 65 games on it. A lot of the games are not that great, but half of them are definitely playable and fun. It also gives me the ability to download games, if I so please.

We also went to Itaewon, where we ate some Mexican food. That was awesome. I also bought some souvenirs for family. It turns out that Itaewon isn't so scary during the day time.

At night, Tim came in to celebrate his birthday and we went to Guworldong. We had a pretty good time there and got home around 5:30 a.m. That's the latest I've stayed out in Korea in about 6 months.

On Sunday, I met Chris and my/his InHa University students. All four of the students who have been in the class came to InHa to chat and spend a few hours together. Chris had the study group before me and passed them on. It was nice to have us all get together.

We went to the arcade first, then to a video game room. I'm surprised that I've never been in a video game room before. They have PS3s and XBox 360s and Wiis set up. It's pretty sweet. It's really cheap. It's also a ton of fun.

When I come back next year, I'll make a point to go there with buddies more often. It's a great stress reliever.

As far as the school goes, I have three days of work left. I was bombarded with 28 classes this week. It's pretty much crap how they are running the schedule. Eli had zero classes scheduled for the week. He was supposed to observe me. That wasn't happening.

Then, he got sick. So he went home early today. I was in a bad mood because I still haven't had my final meeting with my bosses, among other things. When Vicky asked me if him not having classes was part of the problem. I said it's part of it. And she argued that he's sick.

Well, that's true, he is sick. I understand that. And that sucks for him. But even if he wasn't sick, he still has no classes currently scheduled while I have my biggest class load of the year. I'm happy for him not being forced to do this ridiculous new curriculum, but I don't like this school's typical, non-professionalism.

Anyway, that's where I am with three days left. I have three more work days, five days off and a 26 hour journey home. At least I get home on a Thursday. Anyone up for '80s Night at Belvedere's in Lawrenceville?

No comments: