Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Slide In Quality Of Life

It seems that the longer I'm in Korea, the more they fall down the quality of life rankings. That sucks. It gives some of my dumb rants justification.

If anyone ever disagrees with me when I'm in a particularly moody day, I can just tell them to check out the quality of life rankings.

While 42nd isn't super-low, it's just low enough for me to feel like my complaining has some merit.

I'm having a way better year this year than last year overall. There are a few things I would change back to last year, if I could. Those things include some personal, relationship-related things, as well as amount of work I actually do at my job.

I only had two classes in the morning today, but I spent 5 of the next 6 hours preparing for future classes. That 1 free hour I had went toward lunch and studying Korean. So in a day with only 2 classes, I had almost no down time.

I hear from some of my friends how bored they are at their job, but they don't know what luxury they have. I don't mind the teaching part at all, but we're always preparing for something new. Or, we're forced to prepare for something routine, in a new and particularly annoying way. Maybe the principal or vice principal just "feel" like we should be doing it differently. Annoying.



No comments: