Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Favorite Korean Player Coming to the K-league

Ask any Korean you know who their favorite soccer team and player is. There's a 99 percent chance they'll say it's Manchester United and Park Ji-sung. It's super annoying, especially considering I'm an Arsenal fan.




My favorite Korean player is Seol Ki-hyeon. I like him because he spent time with Reading and Fulham in the Premier League. I follow those teams because both of them have a few American players.

Ki-hyeon has never played in the K-league. He's spent the last 10 years in Europe playing for a variety of teams. If Korea wants their national team to stand a chance at the 2010 World Cup, Ki-hyeon has to get his fitness back and be a member of the team.

I'm excited to see him play once the season starts over here.

No comments: