Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goodness, Gracious, Great Salsa Fire

I wanted to post this with the salsa video, but I need some assistance from Jay. I asked him to upload the vids to my Youtube account from America, then I'll just grab them and post the link here.

I had a rough day at salsa on Friday. It stemmed from being really tired and having a sort of downer ending to the work week. I wasn't quite nailing the moves and I was getting a bit frustrated.

So I decided to take a little rest and skip the open class on Saturday.

If yesterday was any hint, it definitely paid off. I am now completely caught up to the rest of the training team. I don't have the moves totally down yet, but I have at least learned all there is to know up to this point.

There are a couple of key areas where I step forward instead of back or do the wrong turn, but I'm fixing those areas with more practice, obviously.

There was even one time yesterday when we were showing the routine in front of the class that the other training team members all made a mistake on one section, but I was the only one who hit it and continued. So everyone got a kick out of it.

The people at salsa have continued to be really fun and supportive, and as I get more comfortable listening to their Korean, I'm understanding easier and can open up my personality a bit more. Because of that and the steps, yesterday ended up being really great.

I can only imagine it will get better as I get in tune with my body and get myself aligned with dancing. My body simply isn't used to some of these moves yet, since I've never done things like this before. But as I adjust and get the feeling, it's really going to be great.

No comments: