Monday, January 4, 2010

Heaviest Snowfall in 70 Years!

If this isn't justification for keeping students off the dangerous streets, then I don't know what is. According to this AP article, this is Seoul's worst snowfall in 70 years. Yes. 70 YEARS!

From the story:

'Three people were killed in a traffic accident believed caused by icy roads in southern South Korea earlier Monday, according to Yonhap news agency. Yonhap reported the snowfall caused many other traffic accidents throughout South Korea, but officials said no deaths or serious property damages directly related to the snowfall were immediately reported.'

Now, I was out there today and saw all the accidents and almost accidents taking place. I realize no more than three deaths were "immediately" reported, but I would be shocked to find out no more people died, or there wasn't any serious property damage. That's just from what I witnessed, but it looked pretty bad to me.


The point is, I know the government really cares about education, but dead children can't take the tests. Think about that one. Wonder Womaned.

No comments: