Thursday, January 21, 2010

Salsa Video!!!

Here's the one I know you've all been waiting. This is a video of me practicing my salsa dance. The dance includes the first 6 moves of our routine. There are, I think, 9 moves total, depending on where one move ends and another begins.

My partner in the video is one of my favorite dance partners. She definitely knows what she's doing, and was infinitely patient with me as I pounded through some of the moves repeatedly to burn them into my brain.

Of course, that patience is a characteristic that all the girls in the academy share. And it's thanks to them that I caught up with the training team routine in only 5 classes. And on Wednesday, my 6th class of the training team, I matched their level, and even put myself a tiny bit ahead.

At the end of class, our instructor was reviewing our steps, and he pumped the tempo to the music up to about twice as fast. My partner and I were the only ones who got all the way through it. It felt really good.

So I'll say it yet again: Salsa is rocking.

Sorry about the quality of the video. It was filmed on one of my dance buddy's cell phones. Then, I had to flip it into the vertical position, and that green bar stuck on it and squished it a bit. But you can still get an idea of how the class is going.

Enjoy the video here!!!