Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Salsa Performance Team Practice!

This is all happening so fast with the salsa dancing. Last night, one of the instructors asked me to start coming on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well, so I could work with the performance team. He said there will be probably be a performance at the wine party at the end of February that I can be a part of, if I get the routine down.




So I gladly accepted. Now, this will be a lot of salsa over the next month or so. I'll be going basically Monday through Saturday. It's a lot, but I'm really excited. Doing this has really made me feel better about life in general in Korea.

Before, if something stressed me out, I tended to just get down on myself and the school and whatever else. But now, I can go to salsa and forget about other things and just feel good about life. This may be the one big thing that was missing from last year. I need some structured physical acitivity to keep me in good physical and emotional health.

I'm really excited at how fast it's coming along, too. I was originally told it would be around 6 months on the training team before I performed. If all goes well, and I continue to work hard and put in the practice time, I could be part of a very small performance next month. That would be only one month of intro salsa and two months of training. Three total months and I peform??? I'm VERY happy if that all comes to fruition.

But nothing is set in stone yet. The moves the performance team does are more complicated and much faster. I have a lot of work to do, but I'm so excited to get started tonight.

No comments: